Best Hill Stations of India – The states of North India have the highest number of tourist destinations in the country. Travelers from different parts of the country come to visit places like Shimla, Nainital, Dharamshala, Dehradun during the summer months. Especially Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh of North India are known for beautiful summer destinations. There are many popular hill resorts in these states, which attract a large number of tourists every year. Apart from this, every year people come to visit the stunning mountainous regions of Uttarakhand and the hill resorts of Himachal, Kashmir, and Rajasthan, etc. during the summer holidays.
Srinagar is the capital of Jammu and Kashmir. This river Jhelum which is a tributary of Indus is situated on the banks of Dal and Achar lakes. Srinagar is one of the most famous tourist attractions of India, because of its historical attractions, beautiful houseboats, trickling river, and pleasant climate. It is known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts and dry fruits. It is a very beautiful mountainous region in North India. Srinagar was established 2000 years ago by King Pravarasena. It is also associated with the history of India. This is a very popular and amazing place, where people come from far and wide to enjoy.
- There are many hotels, resorts, lodges, and rest houses to stay in Srinagar.
- The best time to visit Srinagar is between the months of April and October.
- Here it is easily accessible by any means.
This is a very famous mountainous region of Uttarakhand and the headquarters of the Nainital district is in the Kumaon foothills of the Himalayas. That is one of the beautiful mountainous regions of North India. That is situated at an altitude of 1938 meters, Nainital is famous as Naini Lake. This is a very beautiful and amazing place in India where people come from far and wide to visit. This is why Nainital is also a Best Hill Stations of India.
- The hotel and resort are also well organized here.
- The best time to visit here is from March to May and December to February.
- It is easily accessible by train, air, and road.
Mussoorie hill station
Mussoorie hill station It is a very famous hill station in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand state. It is located near Doon Valley and Himalaya Mountains. This is the gateway to Gangotri and Yamunotri. This is also one of the famous hill areas of North India. There is also a place for any adventures.
- There is a Dharamshala, hotel, and resort to stay here.
- Summer and winter seasons can be visited here.
- You can reach here by any means.
Best Hill Stations of India – It is the capital of Himachal Pradesh and one of the most famous hill areas of North India. It is situated at an altitude of 7238 meters, it is also known as the “Queen of Hills”. Shimla is surrounded by pine, cedar, and oak forests. This is an amazing mountain area, which is a very good place to roam.
- There are many hotels to stay in here.
- Summer is the best time to roam here.
- There are many means available to reach here.
Kullu is known as the Valley of Gods. There are many mysterious stories related to its existence here. Kullu and Manali are 2 twin hilly areas where a large number of tourists visit during the year. Kullu is a very beautiful hilly region located in Himachal Pradesh and it is connected to Manali.
- There are many resorts here where one can stay comfortably.
- It can be visited in any season, but the cold weather is very good.
Almora tourist places – It is a mountainous area located in Almora district of Uttarakhand, it is at 1651 meters in the south part of the Kumaon Mountains of the Himalayas. It is situated on a 5 km long horseshoe ridge which is its eastern part. It was first developed by the kings of the Chand dynasty, then it was developed by the British. Almora is considered the cultural heart of the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. It is one of the largest mountainous regions of India.
- There is a means for many stay where it can be stopped easily.
- The best time to visit here is from March to June and September to November.
- Air, train, bus, and own means can be reached by anyone here.
Dharamshala is a very beautiful hilly area located in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. It is located at 1475 meters above sea level. It is through the entry of Kangra valley and the headquarters of Kangra district is also located here. Dharamshala is in parts of 2 districts, Lower Dharamshala and Appar Dharamshala. The hilly terrain here is very beautiful, people come from far and wide. Its also a Best Hill Stations of India.
- It is located at a distance of 486 km from Delhi.
- It can be visited in the summer and winter.
- Here air, train, and own means can be accessed by anyone who is connected to many big cities.
Dalhousie is a very beautiful hilly terrain in Himachal Pradesh. That is surrounded by 5 hills. this was built by the British in 1854, it was built in the name of their lord Dalhousie. That is stable at an altitude of 6000–9000 feet above the sea. This is a very beautiful and amazing place, the natural beauty of this place is very good.
- There are many hotels and rest houses to stay in Dalhousie, where you can stay comfortably.
- Dalhousie can be visited in any season of the year, it is good for all times.
- The nearest airport to reach Dalhousie by air is Amritsar Airport and Jammu Airport is at 188 km.
- The nearest Pathankot station to reach here by train is 80 km from here.
- Dalhousie is connected to all the major cities of Himachal Pradesh. Where it can also be reached by own means.
Chopta is stable at about 40 km on Gopeshwar – Ukhimath road. It is located in Gopeshwar at an altitude of about 2,900 meters above sea level. It is one of the most beautiful places in the entire Garhwal region. Chopta offers breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges and surrounding areas. It is also a very beautiful place to roam.
- There are a lodge and rest house in Chopta to stay.
- The best time to visit here is from April to June.
- The nearest jolly airport to reach here by air is 226 km.
- To reach Chopta by train, Rishikesh is located at 209 km.
- One can also reach Chopta by road.
The Auli has a snow-capped hill. Auli also has adventurous activities, which are located in the Chamoli district of Uttaranchal region in the north, and are also part of the Garhwal mountain range. Auli is located at a height of 2895 meters, 16 km from Joshimath. This place is known more for skating. Auli is like a place where joy and adventure, natural beauty, slopes of the ice field are located and most of all it is alive as its natural beauty. The steep slopes of Auli are excellent for all adventure seekers. Places such as the Nanda Devi Temple, Kamet Parvat, Man Parvat, and Doonagiri, situated in the peak of the Himalayas, offer panoramic views.
- this has a very comfortable hotel to stay in and a guest house for tourists, which is located 26 km from Auli in Joshimath.
- The best season to visit Auli hill is cold. There is a great land for ice skating on the steep slopes here. Here people are very crowded from November to the end of March.
- To reach the Auli hills by train is Haridwar station, 273 km away, which is connected by train to many big cities.
- To reach Auli by road, one can reach Joshimath via Rishikesh, from where Auli can be reached by taxi.