Best Face Toners in India 2021 – Consider toner the new hairspray. We know what you’re thinking—one is for hair, one is for skin, and they have nothing in common. Except for the fact that they are both products that were once put on the beauty backburner. Back in the day, hairspray got a bad rep for leaving locks crispy and crunchy. They got the job done, but hair literally didn’t move after a few spritzes. Now, fresh formulas mean hairspray works for a range of hair textures and can do so much more than keep hair in place; they can also add volume and fight frizz.
What Does Face Toner Do and When Do I Use It?
Toner removes any last traces of dirt, grime and impurities stuck in your pores after you wash your face. When added to your daily skincare routine and used regularly, it can have major positive impact on the appearance and tightness of your pores (hello, aging skin). Toner also restores your skin’s pH level, smooths skin by refining rough patches and improves skin tone. So many benefits!
As for application, you’ll want to soak a cotton ball with the toner and gently sweep it across your skin after cleansing every morning and before you go to bed at night. This should be your second step so it preps the skin to absorb your moisturizer (third step) and skin treatments (fourth step).
Who Should Use Face Toner?
Everyone! But if you have oily skin, are prone to acne or wear makeup, you may especially benefit, because toner goes the extra mile to clean out and close-up pores. For acne-prone skin, we suggest trying Neutrogena Rapid Clear® 2-in-1 Fight & Fade Toner because it contains salicylic acid. For oily skin, try Neutrogena® Alcohol-Free Toner. This one’s designed to keep your oil production in check.
When it comes to glowing, healthy-looking skin, toner is a key step in your routine. To check out the variety and shop all of Neutrogena® face toners, visit our Toners page and find the right one for you.
How do you use it?
Thankfully, using toner is a lot more straightforward than tasks like jade rolling. Soak a cotton pad with toner, then swipe it over your entire face, neck, and chest. You should use toner after washing your face, and before using serum or moisturizer. If you want to go green and skip the cotton pad, you can also put a few drops of toner into the palms of your hands and then press them into your face.
What can toner do for your skin?
Face toners prep the skin for moisturizers and serum while getting rid of excess excess oil and stubborn dirt or makeup leftover on your face after you wash it, says Dr. Kim. But they’re not a replacement for washing your face. Just think of facial toners as the extra credit rather than the shortcut of your skin-care routine. But the reformulated toners of today go beyond that basic role. “They are used to target a varying array of skin concerns—from acne to dryness to aging,” Dr. Kim says.
10. The Beauty Co. Tea Tree Toner
- Provides deeps nourishment
- Treats signs of ageing
- Renders soft, supple & smooth skin
- Reduces dark spots & freckles
- Cleans skin surface
- Clears impurities
- Keeps skin moisturized
- Bright & glowing skin
Tea Tree Oil
- Reduces recurring acne & pimples
- Removes dead skin cells
- Clear & smooth skin texture
- Tightens skin pores
9. The Body Shop Tea Tree Mattifying Toner
Our Tea Tree Skin Clearing Mattifying Toner infused with potent tea tree oil, purifies and tones in one step. Use after cleansing to remove any residual traces of make-up and impurities, which can clog the pores. With shake-to-activate mattifying powders, our toner minimises the appearance of pores and leaves skin feeling clean, toned, refreshed and visibly clearer.
- Refreshing, purifying toner
- With purifying tea tree oil from the foothills of Mount Kenya
- Removes residual make-up and impurities
- Shake-to-activate mattifying powders reduce shine
- Skin appears visibly clearer
- Pores appear tighter
8. WOW Skin Science Rich Facial Toner
This facial toner gently dislodges any hidden dirt, helps remove makeup residue, tightens the appearance of large pores, restores skin’s pH balance. It helps to hydrate skin and preps it for soaking in skin-smoothing moisturizers. Regular use makes skin supple and reduces the visible signs of aging. When you need an instant pick-me-up for dull, tired skin, reach for this facial toner. Simply dab the toner on your skin.
- A hydrating and purifying facial toner to remove residual impurities post cleansing and refreshing skin
- Infused with coconut water, witch hazel, green tea and cucumber water. The toner helps to improve skin texture and appearance
- This toner helps to truly purify skin by wiping away makeup residue and other impurities
- It also tones the pores and removes excess sebum from the skin without drying it out
- This toner preps your skin for better absorption of the moisturiser and helps to rehydrate skin
- The moisturizing toner restores skin’s natural lipid and moisture barrier. Gives the skin a dewy radiance
- Coconut water in the toner helps to balance skin and hydrate it thoroughly
- Cucumber water calms skin irritations and reduces reactions and redness on the skin. They leave the skin looking radiant
- Witch hazel helps to control excess sebum production, tones the pores and gives skin a matte velvety feel
- Green tea helps to nourish and hydrate the skin. Helps to protect it from damage caused by the UV rays
- Continuous use helps to enhance your skin making it supple and soft and non-oily
7. Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner
Kiehl’s Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol-Free Toner for oily skin and normal skin has been beloved by Kiehl’s customers since the 1960’s. Within this cult-classic formula, hand-picked calendula flower petals work with other ingredients like great burdock root extract to create a gentle cleansing and soothing alcohol-free facial toner. This is also on of Best Face Toners in India
- Gently cleanses and refreshes facial skin without harsh synthetic drying agents
- Soothes and improves the feel of skin
- Formulated with calendula, burdock root extract and allantoin
- This product is free of alcohol and parabens
- This product also comes in recyclable packaging
- For normal to oily skin types, including sensitive skin
6. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner
Add our gentle toner to your skin care routine for clean, healthy looking skin. Our specially formulated, oil-free Alcohol-Free Face Toner refreshes skin without stripping its own natural moisturizers, so you can get a clean, refreshing toning experience without the harsh drying effects of alcohol. Plus, special mild purifiers gently remove impurities and reconditions skin. Your skin will feel fresh and clean, without tightness, dryness or stinging. .
- Non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Absorbs quickly
5. Mamaearth Niacin Toner
Mamaearth Niacin Face Toner for acne tightens the pores without over-drying your skin. Its antioxidant properties will reduce blemishes and other dark spots to give you a more even-toned complexion.
This toner is dermatologically tested to improve the overall skin texture by reducing acne marks and enlarged pores. It can be used by all skin types and is free of harsh chemicals, SLS, Parabens, and Mineral Oils.
- Reduces Acne Marks & Scars
- Reduces Enlarged Pores
- Improves Skin Texture
- Suits All Skin Types
- Dermatologically Tested
- No Harmful Chemical
4. Plum Chamomile & White Tea Calming Antioxidant Toner
Best Face Toners in India – Using an antioxidant facial toner after face wash not only helps your skin settle down well before applying SPF, it is also a wonderful way to feed nutrients to your skin. Plum chamomile and white tea toner is filled with antioxidants from 7 different plant sources to help calm, revive and protect your skin from the effects of oxidative damage!
- Gentle alcohol-free toner for everyday use before and after sun exposure
- Fortified with Vitamin B3 to help maintain skin tone
- Rich in soothing and calming plant ingredients like chamomile, rooibos leaf, white tea, green tea and olive leaf extracts
- Antioxidant-rich white tea, gingko biloba and olive leaf extracts help skin fight free radical damage
- Soothes, calms and cools the skin, naturally
- Soothing fragrance that calms your senses (phthalate-free)
- Easy-to-use flip-top cap packaging
- Paraben-free, SLS-free, phthalate-free & vegan – as always
3. Pixi Glow Tonic
Pixi Glow Tonic is highly concentrated, invigorating facial toner that deeply cleans pores by sweeping away excess oil and impurities. This award-winning, invigorating toner deeply cleanses and gently exfoliates all skin types in one lovely step.
This unique formula is enriched with 5% glycolic acid that gently wipes away impurities from your pores, while aloe vera soothes and hydrates your skin. Infused with red ginseng, this Skintreats essential helps to protect and energize your skin. Use it in the AM or PM for a healthier, balanced complexion that’s ready to glow. With Pixi Glow Tonic, your skin will be balanced, soothed, radiant and prepped for makeup application. This product is also in Best Face Toners in India list.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Free from alcohol.
- Not tested on animals.
2. Minimalist Hydrating Skin Toner
Minimalist PHA 3% Alcohol Free Toner is a daily, gentle exfoliating, pH balancing, pore tightening and skin hydrating toner. It is boosted with pre-biotics and pro-biotics to balance skin microbiome and accelerate the recovery of skin’s barrier function. Formulated for all skin types. This toner is very lightweight and glides on the skin effortlessly before absorbing quickly and completely. It contains PHAs which are considered to be the next generation AHAs. They not just exfoliate gently, but also act as humectants. Further, gluconolactone (PHA used in this formula) provides up to 50% protection against UV radiation.
- Fragrance Free
- Silicone Free
- Intense Exfoliation
- Paraben Free
- Oil Free
- pH: 3.4 – 3.8
1. Thayers Facial Toner – Rose Petal
Best Face Toners in India – Premium water-based facial toner developed to cleanse, tone, moisturize, balance pH level of skin. Formulated with certified organic non-distilled Witch Hazel Aloe Vera formula and pore cleansing rosewater. Skin beneficial tannins, offer antioxidant and antibacterial benefits, and bring about a natural glow. No added parabens, phthalates, sulfates, or artificial fragrances or dyes. 100% cruelty-free.
Best Face Toners in India and Its Benefits
When wondering whether to add a facial toner to your routine, here are seven key reasons to keep in mind! Keep reading to learn why facial toner is key and how it can level up your self care:
1. Minimizes the appearance of pores.
When pores appear smaller, your skin has a smoother, more polished look. Facial toner helps create a lovely, more luminous appearance so you can go bare faced and feel fully confident.
2. Helps protect skin from the elements.
Facial toner is formulated to help your skin stay clean and undamaged by environmental stressors.
3. Temporarily tightens skin.
Facial toner is an amazing rejuvenator, and helps to give skin a tighter, firmer look. Use it twice a day and you’ll feel the difference straightaway.
4. It’s super refreshing.
Spritzing your skin with a rose-scented toner is a great way to start (and end) your daily routine. It feels amazing — and you deserve to treat yourself.
5. Soothes skin.
Using a botanically sourced facial toner is a great way to create a calming sensation for your skin, alleviating any temporary redness or discomfort.